The following horses have been accepted into the OCTRA Stall of Fame.
Stall of Fame horses have shown qualities that were above all others competing at that time.
Profiles noted with *…* were researched and re-typed by Kristen Howard.
* JC Quick Quint * owned by Jim and Connie Rawski (2016)
* Aaristocat * (aka Ritz) owned by Deborah McBride (2016)
Raemes Magiciann owned by Tom Paleczny (2014)
Chanticleer Shadow owned by Richard & Elaine Steele (2013)
* Csardas Ryptide * owned by Carol Lewin (2011)
Traverston Cob owned by Nancy Beacon (2009)
Soaring Eagle (Aquilla) owned by Joan Storrey (2008)
Risky Reserve owned by Mike Downing (2008)
Shahir Ibn Waadal (Riggs) owned by Kelly Corbyn (2008)
* Kabar Raftah * owned by Rick Burnside (2007)
Fleetwood Shadow owned by Elaine Steele (2005)
* Csardas Tetley * owned by Ron Savard (2005)
EG Chloe owned by Marg Murray (2004)
Amorifa owned by Tania Eagles (2004)
Twist-A-Borr owned by Lesley Danko (2000)
* Elson Desmond * owned by Julie Phair (2000)
Rushcreek Pawnee owned by Earle Baxter (2000)
Nakina owned by Dianne Moore (1999)
* Topper * owned by Lesley Danko
CH Tiffany Mae owned by Tina Fyfe
* J.S. Duke * owned by Judy Saunders
* Trija’s Whipperpopper * owned by Wendy Webb/Nancy Beacon
- For horses who have proved to be “OUTSTANDING IN THEIR TIME” in OCTRA events and owned by or have been owned by an OCTRA member during the time of its outstanding achievements.
- Criteria as follows (any two must be met). Criteria may be updated with a change of Board of Directors.
- OCTRA Year End Top Ten in any three (3) of the four disciplines for at least two years.
- A consistent record demonstrating a high completion rate.
- Horse has been short listed for a national or international event more than once.
- A record of longevity and performance. For example the horse has been in competition for more than five (5) years with 80% or greater top ten finishes.
- Additional Stall of Fame considerations
- Horse must have shown qualities of achievement that were above all others competing at that time.
- Achievements outside OCTRA recognized events will be taken into consideration providing the horse has achieved a good measure of his/her successes in OCTRA sanctioned events. For example: If a horse has shown a high level of success at out of province competitions they should also be listed, but will not be considered if it’s at home success is only slightly above average.
NOMINATIONS – for Stall of Fame
- Nominations must be in to the OCTRA Secretary 60 days prior to the AGM.
- Horses may be nominated for this award at any time. For example: If a horse was retired 15 years ago, and records can prove that the horse competed at a level that separated it from other horses competing at that time, it would be eligible for nomination to the Stall of Fame. (Orig.2.16D.1c)
- Each horse nominated must have a letter of accomplishments and the reason that the nominee feels this makes the horse “outstanding in its time”. If there is any doubt as to the accuracy of the facts presented in the minds of any Board member, these must be checked out prior to the decision.
- Acceptance into the Stall of Fame will be the decision of 80% or more of the Board of Directors.
- The President may be included in this vote.
- All votes will be secret ballot.
- No reason will be given for decline.
- A horse may be nominated again to any subsequent board. There is no limit to the number of times a horse may be considered nor is there a time limit for consideration providing the nomination can be backed with facts.
- Nominations accepted into the STALL OF FAME will be recognized at the Annual General Meeting, included in the Rule Book and on the OCTRA web site.