Saturday, April 8, 2017
9:00 am -7:00 pm.
Registration Deadline: March 20th, 2017
Dawn and Howard Kadish Farm
19556 Mississauga Rd.
Dr. Sarah Tiller and Dr. Bri Henderson, Co-Chairs of the OCTRA Veterinary Committee, are holding a Lay-Judge Clinic to take place Saturday, April 8, 2017, all day 9:00am -7:00pm. There has not been a Lay-Judge clinic for quite a long time. Interested candidates should e-mail Dr. Sarah Tiller [ email@example.com ] directly for inquiries.
Hot meal and refreshments will be provided.
The fee for all candidates yet to be determined.
OCTRA LAY JUDGE REQUIREMENTS: (Policy Statements – pg. 10)
- In order to apply to work towards their Lay Judge status participants must:
- Have been a member of OCTRA for at least two years
- Have completed at least two OCTRA sanctioned rides as a rider
- OCTRA is looking for seasoned OCTRA members to apply as Lay Judges
- Qualify to apprentice at OCTRA events:
- Contact Committee Chair to initiate process
- Study the OCTRA Rule Book and be familiar with all OCTRA competition rules
- Attend a Lay Judge Clinic arranged by Committee Chair
- At end of clinic, write the Lay Judge Exam and pass (with a minimum grade of 80%)
- Apprentice at OCTRA sanctioned events for a minimum of:
- Two Endurance Rides
- Two CTRs
- Two Set Speeds (if Set Speed apprenticeship is not part of the Endurance Rides)
- One Ride ‘n Tie (if available)
- During a season where one of the OCTRA disciplines is not available:
- Participants must apprentice at two each of the available disciplines (excluding Ride ‘n Tie).
- Participants will be qualified as a Junior Lay Judge in the disciplines successfully apprenticed (if approved by two accredited OCTRA Veterinary Control Judges)
- The Junior Lay Judge is required to fulfill his/her missing requirements in the next season the “missing” discipline is available.
- For final accreditation as a Lay Judge, the approval, in writing, of two OCTRA accredited Veterinary Control Judges must be sent to the Committee Chair (with a copy to the participant).
- Upon completion, the successful participants will receive an OCTRA Lay Judge Certificate.
- If a participant fulfills all the ride requirements as listed in sections (iii) and (iv) above without receiving the approval of two OCTRA accredited Veterinary Control Judges:
- The participant will continue apprenticing at OCTRA events as per the vet(s) instructions until they receive the required vet approvals
- The participant will forgo becoming a Lay Judge if he/she is deemed unsuitable for the position by the Veterinary Committee.