Come ride with us ….
The AGM is held yearly on the second or third week of February in a centrally located hotel.
February 25th & 26th, 2017
Best Western Plus
Cobourg Inn & Conference Center
930 Burnham Street,
Cobourg, ON, K9A 2X9
Phone: 905/372-2105 OR 1-866-262-6874 (reference OCTRA)
- Who Should Attend?
- What Are We Planning?
- OCTRA Branded Clothing – Order Form
- Official Documents: Schedule, 2015 Minutes, Agendas, Awards, Clinic, & Resolutions
- Awards Banquet Menu
- How do I get my banquet tickets?
- Register/Pay by Check or Money Order
Register/Pay Online for Clinic-Banquet combo– SOLD OUT Register/Pay Online for Banquet Only– SOLD OUT
- Register/Pay Online for Clinic Only
Who Should Attend?
You DO NOT have to be an OCTRA member to attend, however …
- IF you are a member this will be your weekend to socialize, collect all your awards and catch up on all things OCTRA.
- IF you are NOT yet a member this is the weekend to discover what OCTRA is all about and to take advantage of the various activities we have planned.
What Are We Planning
Our 2016 AGM will have a well rounded itinerary of items to keep everyone busy:
- Chrystal Woodhouse (Education Chair) has organized a Clinic with Stagg Newman on “Enduring Partnerships” the Sunday of the AGM weekend.
- Nancy Zukewich, our Guest Speaker, long-time OCTRA member, past Board member and current Ride Manager, will open the official meeting portion with some insight into how the practise of Yoga can be a great complement to the rider’s conditioning program helping to improve balance and flexibility as well as the more psychological benefits of relaxation and being centred.
- The AGM Committee has once again invited Vendors to be on-site to share interesting information and perhaps have items available for sale – AGM 2016 Vendors. If you know of a business please share with the Committee.
- The business portion of the weekend is of course the Annual Meeting. For members it is always your opportunity to influence how your Association is managed and to voice your opinion regarding the Resolutions that are on the table. For non-members this is a great opportunity to gain insight into how the Association is run and the variables that come into play that are all part of the world of long distance riding.
- Our annual gathering would not be complete without the social side of the weekend which starts with the Meet ‘n Greet Cocktail Hour held in the Vendors area and is followed by our Awards Banquet – a time to relax and regale neighbours with fascinating war stories, past glories and future dreams. For those new to the sport this will be the perfect opportunity to find experienced members to answer at least a few of the unending list of questions we all have when we are inspired to become one of the lucky ones who call this sport their own.
- Once the dinner portion is finished, we celebrate the season past and applaud those who achieved some of their objectives and dreams during the past year. The Awards Ceremony, lead by our Awards Chair, Julie Phair, is our chance to applaud each other for goals reached and for those we are still endeavoring to attain. The evening wraps up with music, dancing and conversation.
So be sure to book the date of the 2016 AGM in your calendar, brave whatever weather this Canadian winter decides to throw our and come together to celebrate the one passion we all share – the horse. And always remember the universal endurance motto:
To finish is to win
Official Documents, Schedule, 2015 Minutes, Agendas, Awards, Clinic, & Resolutions
- OFFICIAL NOTICE of 2016 AGM
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
- 2015 AGM MINUTES/ACTION ITEMS/RESOLUTIONS
- AGM INFORMATION
- AGM SCHEDULE
- AGM AGENDA: MEETING
- AGM AGENDA: AWARDS BANQUET
- AWARDS DESCRIPTIONS
- RESOLUTIONS B&W (printable)
- CLINIC: STAGG NEWMAN “ENDURING PARTNERS”
- AGM DEADLINES
Register/Pay by Check or Money Order
Please note, we do not actually hand out tickets, but your name(s) go on a list and you receive a name tag which is your “ticket”.
Send Cheque or Money Order to
Michelle Bignell, Treasurer
805 Carmel Line, RR 2,
Millbrook, ON, L0A 1G0.
Send e-Transfer (but not PayPal email payments) to: Michelle@cayusecreekranch.com
THE BANQUET IS SOLD OUT
Banquet Only Adult $50 Junior $35
Clinic Only Adult $40 Junior $35
Clinic & Banquet Combo Adult $70 Junior $65
Register/Pay Online for Clinic Only
THANK YOU AND SEE YOU AT AGM !!!